Thursday, July 7, 2016

One More Sleep

We leave for Montreal tomorrow morning!

Assembling at 7:30 tomorrow morning, we will be finding out which of us are morning people (yours truly), and which of us are...not. I think our excitement should keep us going. We have a couple of first-time flyers, so keep us in your prayers as we head out.


The banner that hangs over everything we are doing while in Montreal is Love God, Love People. We will be partnering with churches and community groups to join in what God is doing in the city. We don't know what that looks like. For me, I like to know details. I like to plan and prepare myself for what the day will hold. I can't do that for this trip. I have limited control over my surroundings, and while I am a leader, I am also a follower in all this. A verse that has brought me rest through the week leading up to Montreal is Isaiah 41:10-13.

  "Don't panic. I'm with you. There's no need to fear for I'm your God. I'll give you strength. I'll help you. I, your God, have a firm grip on you and I am not letting go."

I really like this interpretation done in The Message. Reading it makes me feel like God has placed His hand on my shoulder and is my friend, comforting me. As we head out into a week of unknowns, of new experiences and close quarters, I am calm because I know that God is not going to let us down. 

Thank you to everyone reading this, those who have our faces on their fridges, and who are lifting us up in prayer. God has great things in store for us, and I look forward to sharing all that happens with you.

P.S. I may forget to write some days. I feel like I will possibly get tired. I assume that will happen. But I'll do my best to keep up with this thing!

No comments:

Post a Comment